How to Get Portals in Anime Last Stand

Want to know how to get Portals in Anime Last Stand Update 2? We list all the ways of getting them, along with information on the chances to getting more, and what rewards you can get!
Anime Last Stand Portals
Image: Blam Spot

In Anime Last Stand, Portals are a new item added in Update 2 that allows you the chance to get never-before-seen units that are exclusive to Portals. If you’re wondering how to get these Portals in ALS, here’s a guide to help you get them!

If you’re after some codes, head to our codes page and see what you can get! Why not check our How to Get Secret Unit Mesh and All Unit Element Types in Anime Last Stand?

Anime Last Stand Portal Guide

Portals in Anime Last Stand can be acquired through various methods:

  1. Defeating Bosses in Infinite Mode on Nightmare: There’s a 10% chance of obtaining a Portal as a drop after defeating a boss in Infinite Mode on Nightmare. However, it’s not guaranteed.
  2. Completing a Portal: Another way to obtain a Portal is by successfully completing one. It’s important to note that this method also does not guarantee the acquisition of a Portal, but it’s definitely worth a try.
  3. Bosses in Story Mode: According to comments, there is a possibility of obtaining Portals from bosses in Story Mode. Although this has not been confirmed, it’s another possible way to get Portals.
  4. Helping Friends: By helping friends complete Portals, you have a chance to get Portals.
  5. Double Portals drops: Blam Spot has updated ALS so there’s a chance to get double portal drops from any means.

What are Portals in Anime Last Stand?

Portals are missions based on the Story Mode with unique challenge modifiers. These modifiers are health-based, so enemy units will have more health depending on the tier of the Portal you are using.

  • Tier 1 Portal = 0 Health Modifier
  • Tier 2 Portal = +25% Health Modifier
  • Tier 3 Portal = +50% Health Modifier
  • Tier 4 Portal = +150% Health Modifier
  • Tier 5 Portal = +200% Health Modifier

How to Get Higher Tier Portals in ALS

Once you have obtained a Tier 1 Portal, there is a guarantee to get another Portal as a reward, but this could be a portal of the same tier, a higher tier, or a lower tier. Yet, the chances of getting a next tier Portal is higher. For example, completing a Tier 1 Portal gives you a 40% chance to get another Tier 1 Portal or a 60% chance to get a Tier 2 Portal.

All Portal Rewards and Chances

  • Tier 1 Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 1 Portal 40%
      • Tier 2 Portal 60%
  • Tier 2 Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 1 Portal 10%
      • Tier 2 Portal 20%
      • Tier 3 Portal 70%
    • Unit Drop Chance
      • Lovely Arrancar 3%
  • Tier 3 Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 2 Portal 10%
      • Tier 3 Portal 20%
      • Tier 4 Portal 70%
    • Unit Drop Chance
      • Lovely Arrancar 4%
      • Boat 3%
  • Tier 4 Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 3 Portal 10%
      • Tier 4 Portal 20%
      • Tier 5 Portal 70%
    • Unit Drop Chance
      • Lovely Arrancar 5%
      • Boat 4%
      • Angel 3%
  • Tier 5 Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 4 Portal 9.8%
      • Tier 5 Portal 90%
      • Tier 6 Portal 0.2%
    • Unit Drop Chance
      • Lovely Arrancar 6%
      • Boat 5%
      • Angel 4%
      • Red Dragon Empress 3%
      • Secret Unit Yuta 0.05%
  • Secret Portal Rewards
    • One Portal is guaranteed to drop
      • Tier 1 Portal 30%
      • Tier 2 Portal 25%
      • Tier 3 Portal 20%
      • Tier 4 Portal 15%
      • Tier 5 Portal 10%
    • Unit Drop Chance
      • Lovely Arrancar 7%
      • Boat 6%
      • Angel 5%
      • Red Dragon Empress 4%
      • Secret Unit Yuta 99.9% OR 0.2%
      • Shiny Secret Unit 0.1%

All Portal Unit Rewards

Six new units can be acquired from Portals in Anime Last Stand, and they are all categorized as exotic units. These units cannot be obtained from Banners and are currently exclusive to Portals:

  • Red Dragon Empress
  • Lovely Arrancar
  • Boat
  • Angel
  • Yuta
  • Shiny Yuta
Mark Carpenter

Mark Carpenter

Mark Carpenter is the Managing Editor at Try Hard Guides, and main guide writer. With over five years of experience in games media, including almost three years as an Assigning Editor for Pro Game Guides, and before that a Staff Writer.

His writing and game guide work has also been featured on platforms such as Metro UK and Game Rant, along with other smaller publications. He has been a devoted gamer since the days of Amiga, with a journey spanning roughly 31 years.

Mark's future goals are to grow the Try Hard Guides network as much as possible while helping gamers everywhere with gaming guide content. When not immersed in gaming, Mark enjoys delving into the worlds of D&D (Dungeons & Dragons), strumming his guitar, and indulging in a good read. His heart belongs to RPGs, the Final Fantasy series, and The Legend of Zelda. Moreover, he has a keen affection for dogs.

Contact: mark@tryhardguides.com

More Content

Comments

Leave a Comment

All comments go through a moderation process, and should be approved in a timely manner. To see why your comment might not have been approved, check out our Comment Rules page!

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.