If you’re playing Diablo 4, and hearing a lot of dialogue like: “it’s not ready yet” and “I need time for that”, then it is probably getting on your nerves a bit. If you want to know how to turn off these annoying alerts, we’ll show you how in this guide.
How to turn off Error Text & Speech
To turn off the error text and speech alerts in Diablo 4, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open up the Settings by pressing Esc or Options/Start on your controller
- Select the Sound option at the top of the Settings menu
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu to find the Other section
- Select the drop down list next to “Play Audio on Error”
- Select the Off option
- Save your changes and you’re done!
Alternatively, you can choose the “Simple” option which will play a sound but not read off dialog. This might be a good happy medium between the two, but just shutting it off is likely the best way to go.
If you’re struggling to find the menu, here’s what it should look like: