The Ascent came out to pretty solid reviews, but the game had a fair amount of bugs upon release. Thankfully, the development team behind the game has been working hard to solve these issues. Update 2 for The Ascent features a bunch of fixes and solutions for problems players have been having with the game. If you have been experiencing any bugs while playing, hopefully, they have been solved in this update. You will find all of the details on what has been fixed in the official patch notes below.
The Ascent Update 2 Patch Notes
The following summary covers the key areas we have addressed in this new major Patch update for The Ascent.
This update is now live and available for The Ascent on Steam and is currently going through the deployment process for Windows 10 store and Xbox console players. Thank you for your patience.
Our team is still continuing to work hard on improving the game and we continue to be very grateful for all the support and feedback from our players.
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is the default for Windows Store Players.
- DX11 is supported for Windows Store.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Corrected a number of crashes in Single Player and Coop
- Save Progress (all platforms)
- Corrected a bug where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Corrected a bug where Character Shirts could be lost
- Corrected a bug where Gear could be lost
- Corrected a bug where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Corrected a bug where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the bug where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Solved an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ did not work correctly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Corrected a bug with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Corrected a bug with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Corrected a bug with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Corrected a bug with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Corrected a bug with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been solved
Those are all of the bug fixes, changes, and various updates made in the August 27th patch for The Ascent! If you’re curious about other updates for a variety of games, be sure to check out the Patch Notes section of our website.