The Long Dark has released the v2.00 update that brings a variety of quality of life fixes for the game. Unity has also been upgraded, which should improve how The Long Dark runs, but could have some unforeseen consequences due to the influence that the engine has on the game. All-and-all, it should hopefully be a bigger benefit to players rather than a hindrance. If you’ve been having any issues with The Long Dark, hopefully they have been corrected in this update.
The Long Dark 2.00 Patch Notes
- Updated Unity to 2019.4.19f1
- Corrected an issue that caused excessive Z-Fighting (flickering) to appear on numerous objects and the environment when playing the game on Linux.
- Updated Linux builds to use Vulcan by default.
- Optimized save data to help reduce the overall size of save files.
- Corrected an issue that could cause stuttering or freezes when Lighting a Campfire or Torch.
- Corrected an issue that caused containers that the Player had already searched, to re-randomize their contents.
- Fixed the issue where explosion decals from Noisemakers disappeared between game sessions.
- Added measures to prevent Players from falling through objects when they wake after sleeping.
- A bug was fixed that caused Prepper Caches to appear on the map even if the player hadn’t surveyed the area.
- When using the Elevator found in the Blackrock Mine, an incorrect button icon for the “Go Down” prompt was fixed.
- A bug that caused some text on the Main Menu to render at a lower resolution than expected has been fixed.
- When Steam Input was enabled, an issue prevented players from properly opening the Radial Menu.
- After interacting with the Ammunition Crafting Bench, an issue caused the Crafting Filter to default to the Ammunition Crafting Filter for all benches.
- When the Voiceover audio level was set to 0, Subtitles and Closed Captions would no longer appear. This was fixed.
- When using an Xbox Controller to access the “Add Fuel” menu, a bug was fixed that caused fuel to be automatically added to a fire.
- When attempting to use menus, an issue caused item-related warning messages to appear beneath them.
- A bug was fixed that caused some locations to be reported as newly discovered when they had already been found.
- The Journal now correctly displays the correct number of collectible Buffer Memories.
- The Blackrock Region map was missing some roads, which was fixed.
- When the Player pressed “Escape” while viewing the Cooking Slot menu, an empty UI box appeared. This was fixed.
- General art and environment polish pass on all Regions.
- Several places where bushes and grass would clip through the environment or other objects have been fixed.
- A number of floating objects from around the world have been fixed.
- A small hole in the interior geometry of cars was fixed.
- Blackrock Region: Fixed a bug that caused light effects to appear in the Steam Tunnels during the Aurora even when no electrical items were present.
- Players will no longer drown before reaching the water below the Power Plant entrance due to a misaligned water trigger in the Blackrock Region.
- Blackrock Region: Several locations that gave players access to invalid areas of the region have been fixed.
- Many floating or misplaced objects have been fixed in the Blackrock Region.
- Many issues with items falling through the world when dropped at certain locations have been fixed in the Blackrock Region.
- Many issues where players could become stuck or fall through the world have been fixed in the Blackrock Region.
- Blackrock Region: Many issues with snow lighting have been resolved.
- Blackrock Region: Fixed an issue that caused some door frames to vanish, allowing players to see through them unintentionally.
- Adjusted the Level of Detail settings in a few places in the Blackrock Region to prevent geometry from popping in unnecessarily.
- Blackrock Region: Scaling issues with some of the region’s rock facades have been resolved.
- Correction to an issue that prevented the Player from breaking down the Hand Truck found in the Prison Interior in the Blackrock Region.
- In the Old Substation in the Blackrock Region, a bug was fixed that caused some materials to float after breaking down an object.
- Fixed a small hole in the Steam Tunnel geo in the Blackrock Region.
- Replaced a static version of the Car Battery found in some vehicles with the correct (interactable) version in the Blackrock Region.
- Players would sink through the planks in the Mines if they saved the game and then reloaded while standing on the planks, according to a bug in the Blackrock Region.
- Hushed River Valley: Repaired a number of birch saplings that had been buried too deeply in the snow.
- Mountain Town: Corrected an issue that would cause the Key for Paradise Meadows Farm to de-spawn, preventing Players from being able to retrieve it.
- Corrected an issue that caused Carcasses to decay faster than intended.
- Corrected an issue that caused the Ballistic Vest’s buff to remain active even after the vest was taken off.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the Noisemaker from exploding if thrown at exactly the same time a struggle starts.
- Corrected an issue that would cause some items found in the Blackrock Mines to create new stacks when added to inventory, instead of stacking with existing items.
- Corrected an issue that caused Noisemakers to become unlit if lit before transitioning through a load screen, resulting in inconsistent fuse burn times.
- Corrected an issue where players could interact with containers while holding a lit Noisemaker.
- Corrected an issue where Crampon Repair mistakenly required a Sewing Kit.
- Crafting the Noisemaker will no longer increase your Repair Skill.
- Corrected an issue that allowed Players to craft more Bullets then their current supply of Gunpowder would allow.
** Please note that this section contains spoilers for WINTERMUTE. **
- Corrected an issue that could prevent the Player from being able to open the gate to the Carter Dam.
- Fixed missing dialogue audio when asking Methuselah about Wildlife.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the game to hang or enter other incorrect states if an autosave occurred while a cinematic was playing. This addresses numerous issues including NPCs becoming stuck or the game loading to a black screen.
- Corrected an issue that would cause Players to become stuck in the Suffocating state if they saved and reloaded while suffocating.
- Blackrock Blues: Corrected an issue that prevented Players from being able to climb through the window leading to the Infirmary.
- Corrected an issue so that Voyager and Stalker default difficulty are now correctly set to “Random.”
- Corrected an issue that prevented Players from resting when suffering from the Anxious/Afraid Affliction.
- Corrected an issue that would cause locations to incorrectly appear as “Surveyed” at the start of the Challenge.
- Corrected an issue that would cause the Journal to appear corrupted if the challenge ended while the Journal was open.