War Thunder Update 18.104.22.168 is live, bringing changes, updates, and bug fixes to the game. With this update, some of the issues players have been experiencing should be resolved, including out-of-place decorations, runaway cursors, unfriendly torpedo sights, and frame rate drops.
Details of the update were obtained from an official Steam post, and we’ve included everything you need to know below. Be sure to check out our Latest News section for more great content!
Update 22.214.171.124 Patch Notes
- AB-205A-1 — a bug has been fixed that caused an FPS drop after empty rocket tubes were discarded (report).
- MiG-29 — ammo count of the secondary munitions has been added to the HUD.
- AGM-12 — a bug has been fixed that caused an underestimated number of fragments when fired from helicopters.
- F-105D — the number of chaff rounds for the AN/ALE-2 pod has been fixed from 16 to 192.
- SAAB J-35 (all versions) – controllability at low speed has been improved for the “simplified’ and “mouse aim” control modes.
- A bug has been fixed where there might be spaces between a 3d decoration and a ground vehicle hull after a model update.
- A bug has been fixed where 3D decorations mounted on additional armor remained in the air after disabling this modification.
- LAV-AD — incorrect description of the commander’s NVD has been corrected (report).
- Challenger 2 — a bug has been fixed where rubberized side skirts remained after ERA modules are shot off.
- ZSU-57-2, WZ305 — a bug has been fixed where there were two identical researchable magazines with AP chambered shells. The BR-281 magazine has been changed to BR-281SP armor-piercing solid rounds (report).
- OTOMATIC — the tracer has been removed from 76/62 HE-MOM and 76/62 SAPOM rounds (report).
- New mechanics for torpedo sights. Previously, the player had to manually select a torpedo tube by pressing a button (“Q” by default). Instead of switching available torpedo tubes by the button, their sight now switches following the direction of the player’s camera. The Q button now only turns the sight on or off, and the torpedo tube is selected according to the available traverse angles and the direction of the player’s view.
- For example, if a ship has torpedo tubes on her sides (“Kirov”, “Hipper”), you don’t need to press “Q” to choose the torpedo tube on the other side. Just activate all torpedo sights with the “Q” button and turn the camera to the side you want to fire from. The same works with rotating torpedo tubes (like on most destroyers in the game) – the available torpedo tubes will be selected automatically. Ships and boats with fixed torpedo tubes toggle available tubes in the same manner, although in the limited traverse sector. If a ship has several torpedo tubes on each side, a new tube available to fire from the same side toggles automatically. If a torpedo sight is disabled and the enemy is in the fire sector, the torpedoes fire in salvo by pushing the torpedo fire button.
- The hull break parameters of boats have been fixed. Previously the hulls of the smaller boats might not break with a large caliber shell hit.
- A bug that caused the cursor and cannon marker to display jerkily during turret rotation when looking from the player’s view in referee mode has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed where the gun funnel followed the player’s view. Now it is centered in the HUD.
- The reload sounds of all guns in ground vehicles are now brighter and thicker, with the reload stages heard with more detail.
- Guns on ground vehicles of 100mm+ calibers with manual reloading now have their own reload sounds, which are thicker.
- The sounds of the empty cartridges of the gun rounds have been reworked for the gunner’s view camera. Authentic drop sounds of cartridges of various calibers have been used.
- Suspension sounds on ground vehicles have been reworked for tilting and vertical speed-ups in order to more dynamically and stably reflect the various conditions of the suspension.
- BM-13 Katyusha MLRS received its own sounds different from the other systems.
- A bug has been fixed where a cursor might move to the second monitor in full-screen mode in naval and helicopter battles (report).