A new update has been released for Roblox Escape the Darkness today, September 3rd, 2021! It brings the new killer, the Scarecrow to the game. This new nightmare has some powerful abilities, such as crow sight, the culling, and night watch. This release also includes the new atmosphere system. Each round there will be a randomly chosen atmosphere, such as dense fog, rain, and some spooky new phenomenons. There’s a bunch of other additions and bug fixes as well, which you will find in the patch notes below.
Get free in-game rewards by checking out our Escape the Darkness Codes page!
Escape the Darkness New Killer Patch Notes
The first content update for Escape The Darkness is FINALLY here! We are extremely excited to bring some new features, a new Killer, and a bunch of bug fixes! This update will be going live at 9:30am EST, so be prepared for a shutdown in the next 40 minutes! Below is detailed information on everything new to come with this update.
NEW KILLER: THE SCARECROW
Terrifying and unpredictable, The Scarecrow is a new Killer with a primary focus around map pressure and strong chase potential. Using Stands scattered across every level, the Scarecrow can quickly traverse levels and ambush unsuspecting victims, making survivors second guess their every move.
- Crow Sight: You have learned to become one with the crows When a survivor is rescued, you hear an audio cue and the rescuer becomes highlighted for 3/4/5 seconds
- The Culling: When the endgame starts, The Culling begins Once the exits are open, survivors can be insta-downed for 30/40/50 seconds. Successful attack cooldowns during the endgame are increased by 20%/30%/40%
- Night Watch: Your excitement grows with each down, pushing you to the extreme After downing a survivor, the survivor furthest from you becomes highlighted and your movement speed is increased by 3%/6%/9% for 5 seconds
Along with our new killer, we are also introducing our brand new atmosphere system! Now with each round, there will be a new randomly chosen atmosphere. This can vary between dense fog, heavy rain, and even some other-worldly phenomenons! These atmospheres will bring a unique twist in each round and can affect visibility in many ways, creating new challenges and scenarios for players to adapt to. Below is a peak at just one of our environments! As we grow, we plan to expand even further on this system to include storms, rolling weather patterns and more!
ETD is not a perfect game by any means, we have been listening very closely and working hard to resolve as many issues as we possibly can, including daily patches since our early release in August. Today, we hope to finally address some of the largest issues our game has been facing, and continue pushing ourselves into an even cleaner and polished state! Below is a list of our major fixes in this patch:
- Fixed a bug where players were losing their ability to input, as well as keeping their killer abilities, from previous matches.
- Fixed a bug with improperly being brought back to lobby, resulting in ingameUI still being visible.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to get infinite speed boost
- Fixed a ton of climbable collision, including crates, trees and more
- Fixed a bug where survivors can go out of bounds on lakeside
- Fixed a bug with Butcher where the ‘Intimidation’ Heart icon appears on trapped players
- Mitigated a bug with Butcher where the trap animation doesn’t stop playing
- Fixed a bug with Dream Demon where you could do multiple inputs at once (attack and siphon, siphon and purge, etc)
- Tons of smaller fixes
Those are all of the details about the new update that has been released to Roblox Escape the Darkness. Be sure to check out the Escape the Darkness section of our website for more details on the game.