We have the answer for Avocado dip, for short crossword clue if you need help figuring out the solution! Crossword puzzles can introduce new words and concepts, while helping you expand your vocabulary.
Approaching a crossword clue can be intimidating, especially if you're new to solving puzzles. The first step is to read the clue carefully and try to identify any obvious hints or clues. Is the clue a definition, a pun, or a play on words? What tense or part of speech is the answer likely to be? Answering these questions can give you a head start in figuring out the solution.
Another approach is to think about the context of the clue. What is the theme of the puzzle? What category does the clue fall under? These can give you an idea of the direction the answer is likely to take. Sometimes, looking at the surrounding clues can also give you a clue to the solution. For example, if the clue is for a three-letter word and you already have the letters "C-L-E," you can look at the intersecting words to see if they provide any additional hints or letters that can help you solve the clue. Still stuck? We have the answer for you so you can move onto the next clue in the grid!
Avocado dip, for short Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Eugene Sheffer Crossword on May 10, 2023. You can also find answers to past Eugene Sheffer Crosswords.
Today's Eugene Sheffer Crossword Answers
- House actor Omar Crossword Clue
- Mathematical proposition Crossword Clue
- Lawyer Clooney Crossword Clue
- Lucy of “Kill Bill” Crossword Clue
- Veteran’s tale Crossword Clue
- Scottish city Crossword Clue
- Soft Leather Crossword Clue
- Corp. kingpins Crossword Clue
- Competent Crossword Clue
- Six, in Sicily Crossword Clue
You can play the Eugene Sheffer crossword by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- AVOCADO (noun)
- tropical American tree bearing large pulpy green fruits
- a pear-shaped tropical fruit with green or blackish skin and rich yellowish pulp enclosing a single large seed
- AVOCADO (adjective)
- of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado
- DIP (verb)
- appear to move downward
- switch (a car’s headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
- DIP (noun)
- a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
- a thief who steals from the pockets or purses of others in public places
Eugene Sheffer was an American journalist and crossword puzzle creator who is best known for his work in the field of crosswords. He was born on February 12, 1923, in Brooklyn, New York, and died on January 17, 1997.
Sheffer began his career as a journalist in the 1940s and worked for several newspapers, including the New York Post and the New York Daily News. In 1968, he began creating crossword puzzles for the New York Herald Tribune, and later worked for the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and other publications.
Sheffer was known for his creative and challenging crossword puzzles, which often featured puns and wordplay. His puzzles were also known for their cultural references and inclusion of a wide range of topics, from history and literature to popular culture.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.