We have the answer for Best of the best crossword clue if you need help figuring out the solution! Crossword puzzles can introduce new words and concepts, while helping you expand your vocabulary.
Approaching a crossword clue can be intimidating, especially if you're new to solving puzzles. The first step is to read the clue carefully and try to identify any obvious hints or clues. Is the clue a definition, a pun, or a play on words? What tense or part of speech is the answer likely to be? Answering these questions can give you a head start in figuring out the solution.
Another approach is to think about the context of the clue. What is the theme of the puzzle? What category does the clue fall under? These can give you an idea of the direction the answer is likely to take. Sometimes, looking at the surrounding clues can also give you a clue to the solution. For example, if the clue is for a three-letter word and you already have the letters "C-L-E," you can look at the intersecting words to see if they provide any additional hints or letters that can help you solve the clue. Still stuck? We have the answer for you so you can move onto the next clue in the grid!
Best of the best Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on May 12, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Neckwear that’s not constricting, one hopes NYT Crossword Clue
- Baseball’s ___ Victorino, nicknamed “The Flyin’ Hawaiian” NYT Crossword Clue
- Stackers of plastic tubs, in brief NYT Crossword Clue
- Mistake fixer NYT Crossword Clue
- Don’t blow it! NYT Crossword Clue
- Preventive measure NYT Crossword Clue
- Don’t assume, say NYT Crossword Clue
- “The House of the Spirits” novelist NYT Crossword Clue
- Brought on NYT Crossword Clue
- “The ___ of Wu” (book by rapper RZA) NYT Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
This clue has been used by other publishers in the past, and they have had different answers when published, so the below list is a compilation of all known answers that have been used for this clue.
- ALLTIMEGREATS (13 letters)
- ELITE (5 letters)
Clue & Answer Definitions
- BEST (noun)
- Canadian physiologist (born in the United States) who assisted F. G. Banting in research leading to the discovery of insulin (1899-1978)
- the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others
- BEST (adjective)
- (comparative and superlative of `well’) wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable
- (superlative of `good’) having the most positive qualities
- BEST (adverb)
- from a position of superiority or authority
- BEST (verb)
- get the better of
- ELITE (adjective)
- selected as the best
- ELITE (noun)
- a group or class of persons enjoying superior intellectual or social or economic status
The New York Times crossword was first published in The New York Times in 1942 and has been a daily feature ever since. It is known for its high level of difficulty and for its clever, often playful, clues and themes. The puzzles range in size from 15x15 grids on weekdays to larger 21x21 grids on Sundays, with varying levels of difficulty.
The New York Times crossword is created by a team of skilled puzzle constructors and editors, who work to ensure that each puzzle is both entertaining and challenging for solvers. The puzzles are often themed, with clues and answers related to a particular subject or concept, and they frequently feature wordplay and puns.
Solving the New York Times crossword has become a beloved pastime for many, and there are even competitions and clubs devoted to crossword puzzle solving. The New York Times crossword is available in print in the newspaper and online, and it has a dedicated following of loyal solvers who eagerly await each day's puzzle.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.