We have the answer for Brake, for one crossword clue if you’re having trouble filling in the grid! Crossword puzzles provide a mental workout that can help keep your brain active and engaged, which is especially important as you age. Regular mental stimulation has been shown to help improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
When you're approaching a crossword puzzle, it can be useful to start with the clues that you are confident about. These might be clues that you know the answer to immediately, or that you can make an educated guess about based on the letters you have already filled in. This can help you build momentum and gain a sense of progress, which can be motivating.
Then, move on to the longer clues and answers. These clues often provide more context and can give you a better sense of the overall theme or structure of the puzzle. Additionally, longer answers are usually easier to fill in once you have a few letters already in place. If you're still stuck, consider jumping around to different sections of the puzzle rather than trying to solve it in a linear fashion. This can help you break out of a mental rut and come up with new ideas for solving clues. Still stuck? We have the answer for you so you can move onto the next clue in the grid! If you're still struggling, we have the Brake, for one crossword clue answer below.
Brake, for one Crossword Clue Answer is…
Today's Thomas Joseph Crossword Answers
- Christina of “Sleepy Hollow” Crossword Clue
- Kind of milk Crossword Clue
- Sources of bile Crossword Clue
- Shoe parts Crossword Clue
- Franc’s replacement Crossword Clue
- Bird sanctuary Crossword Clue
- “Patience — virtue” Crossword Clue
- Wine expert Crossword Clue
- Colosseum setting Crossword Clue
- Lists of candidates Crossword Clue
Clue & Answer Definitions
- BRAKE (noun)
- large coarse fern often several feet high; essentially weed ferns; cosmopolitan
- an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant
- BRAKE (verb)
- cause to stop by applying the brakes
- stop travelling by applying a brake
- PEDAL (noun)
- a lever that is operated with the foot
- a sustained bass note
- PEDAL (verb)
- ride a bicycle
- operate the pedals on a keyboard instrument
Thomas Joseph is an American crossword puzzle creator who is known for his daily syndicated crossword puzzle, which is published in newspapers across the United States and Canada.
Joseph was born in 1955 in Flushing, New York, and began creating crossword puzzles in the early 1990s. His first puzzles were published in Games Magazine and the New York Times, and he later began creating puzzles for the Universal Crossword syndicate.
In 2003, Joseph launched his own syndicated crossword puzzle, which is now distributed by Andrews McMeel Syndication. The puzzle has become popular for its clever clues and themes, as well as its challenging difficulty level.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.