Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes the crossword clue totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank. We have all of the available answers for Chimney dust crossword clue if you need some help!
There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you struggle on a crossword clue! These puzzles cover many different subjects, and it’s hard to be an expert on everything. You will find that as you play more of these games that you will end up familiar with a lot of the clues that come up!
Chimney dust Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all answers that we’re aware of for Chimney dust. This clue last appeared October 31, 2022 in the Newsday Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Chimney dust crossword clue should be:
- SOOT (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any key word(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Crossword Clue & Answer Definitions
- SOOT (noun)
- a black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
- SOOT (verb)
- coat with soot.
- CHIMNEY (noun)
- a glass flue surrounding the wick of an oil lamp.
- a vertical flue that provides a path through which smoke from a fire is carried away through the wall or roof of a building.
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- Small jeweled crown Crossword Clue
- Lavishes affection (on) Crossword Clue
- Dinner course with lettuce Crossword Clue
- Without any light Crossword Clue
- Oahu feast Crossword Clue
- Soccer score Crossword Clue
- Bagpiper’s garment Crossword Clue
- TREAT with gratitude Crossword Clue
- Clean off a blackboard Crossword Clue
- Gator’s cousin Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to finish the crossword clue you were working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions. You can find posts with full details on our NYT Mini Crossword Answers and NYT Crossword Answers posts.