We have the answer for Cover, of a sort crossword clue if you’re having trouble filling in the grid! Crossword puzzles provide a mental workout that can help keep your brain active and engaged, which is especially important as you age. Regular mental stimulation has been shown to help improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
When you're approaching a crossword puzzle, it can be useful to start with the clues that you are confident about. These might be clues that you know the answer to immediately, or that you can make an educated guess about based on the letters you have already filled in. This can help you build momentum and gain a sense of progress, which can be motivating.
Then, move on to the longer clues and answers. These clues often provide more context and can give you a better sense of the overall theme or structure of the puzzle. Additionally, longer answers are usually easier to fill in once you have a few letters already in place. If you're still stuck, consider jumping around to different sections of the puzzle rather than trying to solve it in a linear fashion. This can help you break out of a mental rut and come up with new ideas for solving clues. Still stuck? We have the answer for you so you can move onto the next clue in the grid!
Cover, of a sort Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on March 26, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Tot’s geometry lesson, perhaps NYT Crossword Clue
- Break down Crossword Clue
- Usher NYT Crossword Clue
- Treat, as wood NYT Crossword Clue
- City at the foot of the Adirondacks NYT Crossword Clue
- Remote button NYT Crossword Clue
- Old-timey wizard who needs to learn some manners? NYT Crossword Clue
- Like some tradition NYT Crossword Clue
- No longer done Crossword Clue
- It’s 2.3 years for the average heterosexual American couple NYT Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- COVER (noun)
- a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else
- a fixed charge by a restaurant or nightclub over and above the charge for food and drink
- COVER (verb)
- form a cover over
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements
- ALIBI (noun)
- a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.
- (law) a defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question
- ALIBI (verb)
- exonerate by means of an alibi
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.