We have the answer for Cross words crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Cross words Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Cross words. This clue last appeared January 10, 2023 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Cross words crossword clue should be:
- SPAT (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- WORDS (noun)
- an angry dispute
- words making up the dialogue of a play
- CROSS (verb)
- meet at a point
- to cover or extend over an area or time period
- CROSS (adjective)
- extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis
- annoyed and irritable
- CROSS (noun)
- any affliction that causes great suffering
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Clippers’ org. Crossword Clue
- Jazz diva Jones Crossword Clue
- Exploring tyke of TV Crossword Clue
- Workforce units Crossword Clue
- Jason of “Dune” Crossword Clue
- Sweet-tasting sandwich Crossword Clue
- Form a liking for Crossword Clue
- Hayloft unit Crossword Clue
- ___ meridiem Crossword Clue
- Popeye creator Segar Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.