7 Little Words is a puzzle game that has a daily puzzle, along with bonus puzzles, that is a fun game to play that doesn’t take up too much of your time. There are seven clues provided, where the clue describes a word, and then there are 20 different partial words (two to three letters) that can be joined together to create the answers. If you’re looking for the answer to the 7 Little Words clue Delay to gain time, we have the answer below.
Delay to gain time 7 Little Words Answer
If you’ve been trying to put together words and are coming up empty for the 7 Little Words clue Delay to gain time in today’s puzzle, here is the answer!
- TEMPORIZE (9 letters)
Occasionally, some clues may be used more than once, so check for the letter length if there are multiple answers above as that’s usually how they’re distinguished or else by what letters are available in today’s puzzle.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- TEMPORIZE (verb)
- draw out a discussion or process in order to gain time.
- DELAY (verb)
- cause to be slowed down or delayed.
- slow the growth or development of.
- DELAY (noun)
- time during which some action is awaited.
- the act of delaying; inactivity resulting in something being put off until a later time.