We have the answer for Diamond chain crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes.
Diamond chain Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the WSJ Crossword on March 23, 2023. You can also find answers to past WSJ Crosswords.
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Soft shoe for short Crossword Clue
- 1040 ID Crossword Clue
- Improved Crossword Clue
- Ranger, Pacer, Corsair and Citation Crossword Clue
- Classic Pontiac muscle car Crossword Clue
- Chocolaty Post cereal Crossword Clue
- Shows scorn Crossword Clue
- Booster Crossword Clue
- Kitchen deputy Crossword Clue
- “Just a Friend” rapper Markie Crossword Clue
You can play the WSJ crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- DIAMOND (noun)
- the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
- very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
- CHAIN (noun)
- British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
- a necklace made by stringing objects together
- CHAIN (verb)
- connect or arrange into a chain by linking
- fasten or secure with chains
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.