We have the answer for First letter in “Portugal,” phonetically crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
First letter in “Portugal,” phonetically Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Daily Themed Crossword on April 1, 2023. You can also find answers to past Daily Themed Crosswords.
Today's Daily Themed Crossword Answers
- Attorney’s assignment Crossword Clue
- Noah’s boat Crossword Clue
- Baker’s need Crossword Clue
- Roman moon goddess Crossword Clue
- The “M” in BMI Crossword Clue
- Mops the floor or scrubs the toilet, say Crossword Clue
- Rosy or “dimpled” face parts Crossword Clue
- Word before “Francisco” for a Californian city Crossword Clue
- Kate ___, British supermodel Crossword Clue
- Length times width, for a rectangle Crossword Clue
You can play the Daily Themed crossword by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- PORTUGAL (noun)
- a republic in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula; Portuguese explorers and colonists in the 15th and 16th centuries created a vast overseas empire (including Brazil)
- LETTER (noun)
- the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- an award earned by participation in a school sport
- LETTER (verb)
- mark letters on or mark with letters
- set down or print with letters
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.