We have the answer for Flaky rock crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Flaky rock Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Flaky rock. This clue last appeared January 13, 2023 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Flaky rock crossword clue should be:
- SHALE (5 letters)
- SCHIST (6 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- SHALE (noun)
- a sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay
- FLAKY (adjective)
- made of or resembling flakes
- conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Suvari of “American Pie” Crossword Clue
- Hoping to come home soon Crossword Clue
- Placid retreat Crossword Clue
- Pool tool Crossword Clue
- *Comment to the more-than-punctual Crossword Clue
- Have high hopes Crossword Clue
- Lab strands Crossword Clue
- Natural gift Crossword Clue
- Like a lot Crossword Clue
- *Frenchman who won the French Open in 1983 Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.