A new update has just been announced for Genshin Impact on August 30th, 2021 and we’ve got the patch notes for it! This is a pretty large update and brings 2 new islands, fishing feature, daily login event, new archon quest, Baal, Sara, Aloy, and Kokomi. There’s also the new Signora Boss, nerfs to Nobushi and Pyro Hypostasis, and new voice lines for opening chests! You will also find new animals and chat emojis. There’s a ton to go over, so check out the official patch notes below!
Genshin Impact August 29th/30th Patch Notes
To ensure all Travelers have the best-possible Genshin Impact experience, our developers will soon begin performing update maintenance. After this has finished, the game will update to a new version.
After Travelers install the new game client, they will be able to continue playing. It is recommended to install the update over a Wi-Fi connection owing to the large file size.
While the update maintenance is in progress, Travelers will be unable to log in to the game. Please take note of the update time and schedule your game time accordingly to avoid losing your progress. We hope Travelers will bear with us during the disruption.> <
Update maintenance begins 2021/09/01 06:00 (UTC+8) and is estimated to take 5 hours.
How to Update Your Game Client
- PC: Close the game, open the Genshin Impact Launcher, and click Update.
- iOS: Open the App Store and tap Update.
- Android: Open the game and follow the directions on the screen.
- PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5: Highlight Genshin Impact from the Home Screen, press the “OPTIONS” button, and select “Check for Update.”
- Please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service if you encounter any issues installing the new version. We will do our very best to resolve the issue.
Maintenance Compensation: Primogems ×300
(60 Primogems for every hour the game is down. No change to compensation amount if the update is finished early.)
Scope of Compensation
Maintenance Compensation: Travelers who reach Adventure Rank 5 or above before 2021/09/01 06:00 (UTC+8).
Please claim before the end of Version 2.1.
Our developers will distribute compensation to Travelers via in-game mail within 5 hours after the update maintenance is finished. The mail will expire after 30 days, so don’t forget to claim the attached compensation in time.
I. New Inazuma Islands — Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island
New Islands: After the Version 2.1 update, two new islands, Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available in the game.
- Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above
- Complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act I – The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia”
New Trounce Domain – Narukami Island: Tenshukaku
This is the dwelling of the Raiden Shogun, who rules over Inazuma. It is also the perfect place for a “duel before the throne.”
- Reach Adventure Rank 35 or above and complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
- Located at Narukami Island.
Domain: Palace in a Pool
They say that long ago, seawater had yet to fill this pool. The moonlight was brighter back then, and it filled the pool instead, flowing freely like quicksilver.
- Reach Adventure Rank 38 or above and fulfill certain criteria.
- Challenge the Domain to obtain rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
- Located at Watatsumi Island.
II. New System – Fishing
Recently, the Teyvat ecology has seen an increase in the fish population, with many new fish species appearing in various waters around the map. The grassroots Fishing Association has its hands full and had to put up a commission for help at the Adventurers’ Guild…
Bring your fishing rod, choose the bait, find the spot, cast your rod, reel it in, and voila, a big catch for you!
The fish caught can not only be used to make dishes, but also can be exchanged for precious treasures at the Fishing Association. There’s even a chance to catch vibrant ornamental fish to admire at your home!
What are you waiting for? Let’s all become anglers together!
- Unlock the Serenitea Pot System
- Complete the quest “Exploding Population”
*To make it easier for Travelers to record the locations of the Fishing Points, a pin for indicating Fishing Points has been added to the map. Travelers can place the pins as needed to keep track.
III. New Characters
5-Star Character “Plane of Euthymia” Raiden Shogun (Electro)
- Gnosis: Electro
- Weapon: Polearm
- Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, promised the people of Inazuma an unchanging eternity.
4-Star Character “Crowfeather Kaburaya” Kujou Sara (Electro)
- Vision: Electro
- Weapon: Bow
- A general of the Tenryou Commission. Bold, decisive, and skilled in battle.
5-Star Character “Pearl of Wisdom” Sangonomiya Kokomi (Hydro)
- Vision: Hydro
- Weapon: Catalyst
- The Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island. All of the island’s affairs are at this young lady’s fingertips.
5-Star Character “Savior From Another World” Aloy (Cryo)
- Vision: Cryo
- Weapon: Bow
- Formerly an outcast, now a hunter of unparalleled skill. Ready to do the right thing at any time.
How to Obtain “Savior From Another World” Aloy (Cryo)
All Travelers who have reached Adventure Rank 20 or above will be able to get the event-exclusive 5-star character “Savior From Another World” Aloy (Cryo) directly through in-game mail.
This event is divided into two phases:
After the Version 2.1 Update – Before the Version 2.2 Update Maintenance (2021/10/13 05:59 (UTC+8))
During the event, all Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 will be able to obtain “Savior From Another World” Aloy (Cryo) directly through in-game mail.
After the Version 2.2 Update – Before the Version 2.3 Update Maintenance (2021/11/24 05:59 (UTC+8))
During the event, Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on any available platform, and who have yet to obtain the character during Phase I will be able to obtain Aloy directly through the in-game mail.
“PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4”, “DualSense”, “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
IV. New Equipment
- Engulfing Lightning (5-Star Polearm)
- Everlasting Moonglow (5-Star Catalyst)
- Luxurious Sea-Lord (4-Star Claymore)
- “The Catch” (4-Star Polearm)
V. New Events
“Hyakunin Ikki” Event: A team-switching combat challenge awaits
During the event, take part in the free-for-all fighting tournament “Hyakunin Ikki” and show off your elegant combat skills by defeating opponents in tag teams of two characters. By reaching the target scores, Travelers can obtain rewards such as the event-exclusive namecard style “Celebration: Ikki,” Primogems, and more.
2021/09/02 10:00 – 2021/09/13 03:59
- Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above
- And complete the Archon Quest “Ritou Escape Plan”
- “Passage of Clouds and Stars” Daily Login Event
- Log in on seven days during the event to obtain Intertwined Fate ×10 and other rewards!
2021/09/28 04:00until the end of Version 2.1
Reach Adventure Rank 5 or above
- Logins: 1 day – Intertwined Fate ×1
- Logins: 2 days – Mora ×80,000
- Logins: 3 days – Intertwined Fate ×2
- Logins: 4 days – Mystic Enhancement Ore ×18
- Logins: 5 days – Intertwined Fate ×2
- Logins: 6 days – Hero’s Wit ×8
- Logins: 7 days – Intertwined Fate ×5
“Moonlight Merriment” Event: Take part and exchange for the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord
The event “Moonlight Merriment” will also be available. During the event, Travelers can complete quests in Moonchase Tales or take part in Moonlight Seeker and Trail of Delicacies challenges to obtain rewards such as the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord as well as its refinement materials, Crown of Insight, Primogems, recipes, and more.
VI. New Main Story
- New Archon Quest: “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
- The Tri-Commission, Resistance, Vision Hunt Decree, “Musou no Hitotachi”… The Traveler has been caught up in the middle of Inazuma’s conflict.
- Where will the Raiden Shogun’s desire for “Eternity” take her people, and how much will it cost them…
- New Story Quests
- Raiden Shogun’s Story Quest “Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I – Reflections of Mortality”
- Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Story Quest: “Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act I – Warriors’ Dreams Like Spring Grass Renewing”
- New World Quests: “The Moon-Bathed Deep,” “Divine Plant of the Depths,” “Solitary Sea-Beast,” “Seirai Stormchasers,” “Relics of Seirai,” “Reminiscence of Seirai,” “Neko Is a Cat,” “Storytelling Method,” “Fertilizer… Salesperson?” “The Narukami Trail,” and more.
VII. New Monsters
Signora, the Eighth of the Fatui Harbingers.
Elemental creature which protects itself with a cubical shell that is elementally inert.
An elemental lifeform created as the avatar of thunderous indignation.
High elemental concentrations have resulted in the creation of this floating creature.
VIII. Other Additions
- Adds a new mechanism whereby there is a probability to trigger a character’s voice line related to treasure chests when they open treasure chests in the open world.
- New Recipes: Sweet Shrimp Sushi, Bird Egg Sushi, Grilled Unagi Fillet, Omelette Rice, Taiyaki, More-and-More, Rice Pudding, Braised Meat, Oncidium Tofu, Invigorating Kitty Meal, Chili-Mince Cornbread Buns, Satiety Gel, A Stunning Stratagem, Faith Eternal
- New Achievement categories such as “Teyvat Fishing Guide: Series I,” Inazuma: The Islands of Thunder and Eternity – Series II,” and additions to the “Wonders of the World” category
- New Namecards: “Travel Notes: Moonchaser,” “Raiden Shogun: Enlightenment,” “Sangonomiya Kokomi: The Deep,” “Kujou Sara: Tengu,” “Aloy: Dawn,” “Achievement: Nails,” “Inazuma: Sangonomiya Crest,” “Celebration: Tuneful Delight,” “Celebration: Ikki”
- New Animals: Adorned Unagi, Red-Finned Unagi, Sunset Loach, Sunny Loach
- New Fish: Medaka, Glaze Medaka, Sweet-Flower Medaka, Aizen Medaka, Dawncatcher, Crystalfish, Lunged Stickleback, Betta, Venomspine Fish, Akai Maou, Snowstrider, Brown Shirakodai, Purple Shirakodai, Tea-Colored Shirakodai, Abiding Angelfish, Raimei Angelfish, Golden Koi, Rusty Koi, Pufferfish, Bitter Pufferfish, event-exclusive fish Moonfin
- Pool of Sapphire Grace: Ornamental Fish caught via Fishing can be raised in this sort of pond. This Furnishing Blueprint can be redeemed at the Liyue Fishing Association.
- New Bundle “Boundless Symphony” will be added to the Shop at a later date: Purchase this bundle to receive Special Namecard Style: “Celebration: Tuneful Delight,” Special Furnishing: “Splendid Phrase,” Special Wind Glider: “Wings of Poetic Melodies,” and Primogems × 1,000.
- Adds Collection Series 2 – 6 of “Paimon’s Paintings” chat emojis and emoji saving feature
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- When opponents are defeated, all party members will be affected by the “Corrosion” status.
- Characters being Corroded will lose a fraction of their HP every second. Active characters can be brought down by Corrosion. When a non-active character’s HP is less than 15%, they will no longer lose HP due to Corrosion.
- Corrosion lasts 10s and can stack. The duration of each stack is counted independently.
Floor 12 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- For this floor only, the ley line flow will be normal.
Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.1, the two Lunar Phases will be as follows:
Phase I: Renewing Moon
After a character uses an Elemental Burst, all party members’ ATK is increased by 6.5% for 15s. Maximum 7 stacks. When 7 stacks are reached, the active character’s Normal Attacks will unleash a shockwave at the position of the opponent it hits, dealing AoE DMG. A shockwave can be unleashed in this manner once every 2s.
Phase II: Cavorting Moon
For 10s after a character uses an Elemental Burst, that character’s Normal and Charged Attacks will unleash a shockwave at the position of the opponent they hit at the cost of 1% of the character’s HP, dealing AoE DMG. This effect will be cleared when this character leaves the field. A shockwave can be unleashed in this manner once every 1s. Active characters can go down as a result of this HP loss.
There will be no change to the reset times of the Spiral Abyss and Blessing of the Abyssal Moon. These remain the first and sixteenth days of each month, respectively. The above Spiral Abyss update will take effect from September 16 (Server Time).
IX. Adjustments & Optimizations
- After the Genshin Impact Version 2.1 update, each top-up level of Genesis Crystals in the Crystal Top-Up page will be reset to provide a double bonus for the first top-up.
- After the reset, each top-up level will be reset to provide a double bonus upon your first top-up.
- Top-up bonuses that have not been used before the reset will not be accumulated. After resetting, it will not be possible to obtain two double bonuses for each top-up level.
- After the Version 2.1 update, the “Stellar Reunion” system will feature the following updates:
- The duration of the “Stellar Reunion” event has been extended to 14 days after activation.
- During the first 4 days after unlocking “Homeward Path”, new missions will be unlocked every day at 04:00. Complete the specified quests to obtain points and claim rewards. When your accumulated points reach a designated value, you can claim rewards such as Mappa Mare (Catalyst) and Fragile Resin.
- “Reunion Blessing” has been adjusted so Travelers can obtain a total of 21 opportunities to gain double drops during the event period. You can use it up to 3 times a day. The daily usage limit will be refreshed at 04:00 every day.
The above times for unlocking and refreshing are based on the time of the server you play on.
The timezone of each server is: America (UTC-5); Europe (UTC+1); Asia (UTC+8); TW, HK, MO (UTC+8)
- Upgrades the trial character’s ability in some Story Quests at some World Levels.
- Adjusts the glowing effect of Lumine’s outfit when she is Elementless.
- Optimizes the animation effects of Kazuha’s Elemental Burst on lower graphics settings.
- When a character is attacked while immune to some DMG (e.g. when casting Elemental Burst), the shield’s DMG Absorption will not decrease.
- Fixes the characters’ skill to lock-on and attack the Ruin Sentinels after the Perpetual Mechanical Array splits.
- Removes the Nobushi’s skill to jump back.
- Fixes the combat experience when dealing with the Nobushi’s sword-drawing technique.
- Reduces the weight of the Nobushi and Kairagi.
- Increases the time that the Pyro Hypostasis’s core is exposed when it launches a Pyro pillar attack.
- Increases the duration of the Pyro Hypostasis’s re-ignition skill, and optimizes the character’s lock-on experience of attacking the Fire Seeds during its re-ignition skill. When all the Fire Seeds are extinguished, the Pyro Hypostasis will end its re-ignition skill earlier.
- Adjusts the frequency for the triggering of some of Ayaka’s idle voice lines.
- Fixes the trigger mechanism of the characters’ voice lines regarding the weather.
- Fixes the trigger mechanism of the characters’ voice lines related to Friendship Level in the open world.
- Fixes the sound effects when using surround sound devices.
- Fixes the sound effects when enhancing artifacts and weapons.
- Fixes the Chinese and Japanese combat voice lines of some characters, and fixes the problem of missing English combat voice lines for some characters.
- Fixes the English, Japanese, and Korean voice lines for certain quests and fixes the issue whereby Japanese voice-over lines were missing from certain quests.
- Adds the height limit of Thunderwood’s area of effect.
- Optimizes the judgment condition of Raiden Shogun to enter the “Vision Hunt Decree” battle stage in Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act II – “Stillness, the Sublimation of Shadow.”
- Optimizes the style of the crosshair in Aiming Mode.
- Adds some prompts for loading screens.
- Adds new voice auto-play function for the Travel Log.
- Reduces the load taken up by repeatedly placing certain Furnishings in the same area.
- Adjusts the Adventure Rank requirement for purchasing the Recipe：Triple-Layered Consommé to Adventure Rank 25 (previously Adventure Rank 40).
Those are all of the bug fixes, changes, and various updates made in the August 30th patch for Genshin Impact! If you’re curious about other updates for a variety of games, be sure to check out the Patch Notes section of our website.