New World is the newly released MMO by Amazon Games Studios that will take you into the exploration of a fictional land that was is based off of the Americas. You will be looking to harvest resources, craft items, get control of settlements, complete quests, explore, PVP, or fight off monsters. As you head into this dangerous world, you will need to know how to get yourself some Pigments to use for crafting. We’ll show you how in this guide.
Pigments are most generally used to craft Dyes. You will need different color Pigments to mix together with Water to create a Dye. Once you’ve got your Dye created, you can use it on your armor or clothing to change their color! In some cases, certain Furniture recipes will require a Dye as one of their ingredients to craft.
To get Pigments in New World, you will need to trackdown Prismablooms. Each color of Pigment is associated with a specific Prismabloom, which for the most part only spawn in one specific region in the game each. There are a fair amount of spawns in each of the regions, so they shouldn’t be too hard to find. Prismabloom appear as a large flower with a vibrant color of whichever region you are in.
If you don’t want to locate these yourself, you can always head to a Trading Post and purchase them from a player.
All Pigments List
- Black Pigment – Black Prismabloom (Brightwood)
- Blue Pigment – Blue Prismabloom (Restless Shore)
- Brown Pigment – Brown Prismabloom (Weaver’s Fen)
- Cyan Pigment – Cyan Prismabloom (Reekwater)
- Green Pigment – Green Prismabloom (Monarch’s Bluffs)
- Magenta Pigment – Magenta Prismabloom (First Light)
- Orange Pigment – Orange Prismabloom (Everfall)
- Purple Pigment – Violet Prismabloom (Ebonscale Reach)
- Red Pigment – Red Prismabloom (Shattered Mountain)
- Turquoise Pigment – Turquoise Prismabloom (Windsward)
- White Pigment – White Prismabloom (Great Cleave)
- Yellow Pigment – Yellow Prismabloom (Cutlass Keys & Mourningdale)
Pigment Spawn Maps
Here’s a look at where you can find Prismabloom spawns for each of the Pigments you might want to trackdown. Credit to Map Genie for the maps used below.
Black Pigment (Brightwood)
Blue Pigment (Restless Shore)
Brown Pigment (Weaver’s Fen)
Cyan Pigment (Reekwater)
Green Pigment (Monarch’s Bluffs)
Magenta Pigment (First Light)
Orange Pigment (Everfall)
Purple Pigment (Ebonscale Reach)
Red Pigment (Shattered Mountain)
Turquoise Pigment (Windsward)
White Pigment (Great Cleave)
Yellow Pigment (Cutlass Keys)
That’s everything we know about getting Pigments in New World. You will find details on a lot more things about the game in the New World section of our website!
Can you show me the Mourningdale locations?
You can use this interactive map: https://mapgenie.io/new-world/maps/aeternum