We have the answer for Hunting dog crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Hunting dog Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Hunting dog. This clue last appeared January 1, 1970 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Hunting dog crossword clue should be:
- SETTER (6 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- HUNTING (noun)
- the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
- SETTER (noun)
- one who sets written material into type
- a long-haired dog formerly trained to crouch on finding game but now to point
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Reaction to a gut punch Crossword Clue
- Far from well-done Crossword Clue
- Fitting spot for an AirPod Crossword Clue
- It might have a pet name Crossword Clue
- March Madness rank Crossword Clue
- Home for a supercomputer array Crossword Clue
- Seller of assemble-it-yourself furniture Crossword Clue
- Calvin of fashion Crossword Clue
- Pained cries Crossword Clue
- Crush, as in a sports victory Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.