Roblox Islands has just gotten a pretty huge update that includes the addition of the Diamond Mines! Head underground to get yourself some diamonds, so that you can create tools, weapons, and even blocks! Along with that comes the addition of a new animal skin system, and the brand new Lunar New Year Cow skin to celebrate the Year of the Ox!
You will want to be careful when you head into the mines, because there’s a new Kor mob that you will need to battle with to get to those sweet diamonds!
Diamond Mines Patch Notes
Here’s a look at the official patch notes from the Islands Discord for the new Islands update!
You can now access the Diamond Mines by travelling into the caves of Buffalkor Island. Battle the new hostile Kor mob to unearth diamond rocks. Diamonds can be used to craft new tools, weapons and blocks.
Lunar New Year Cow
We’re launching our first animal skin: the Lunar New Year Cow! This is a limited edition skin so don’t miss out!
- Added the “Diamond Mines” wilderness island
- Kor mob
- Enchanted Diamonds
- Diamond block
- Diamond Axe
- Diamond Pickaxe
- Diamond Sword
- Diamond Hammer
- Diamond Mines Craftable Portal
- Revamped the in-game shop
- Added an animal skin system
- Lunar New Year Cow skin
- Increased crop harvest speed while holding F
- /reset no longer resets your inventory and xp (just your island)
- Atmospheric hub sounds
- Nerfed light/heavy melee & magic damage base stat bonuses
- Nerfed bow damage
- Nerfed spellbook damage
- Nerfed rageblade damage
- Fixed an issue that caused blocks to sometimes not break