Lost Ark’s April Update “Battle for the Throne of Chaos” arrives tomorrow, including new content, quality of life updates, and a ton of bug fixes. The patch for the Throne of Chaos update will begin April 21 at 12AM PT (8AM UTC) and is expected to last about 8 hours. Read about the new content and the list of fixes below.
New Class: Glaivier
The biggest part of the update is the new Glaivier class. Using a beautiful but deadly form of martial arts, the Glaivier slices her way through the battlefield with a pair of massive spears. The Glaivier has two skill sets that players can swap between— Focus and Flurry— swapping between a short spear and a long glaive with each.
New Continent: South Vern
A brand new area to explore is also being added in this patch with South Vern. In addition to a brand new storyline, South Vern will also include the region’s Chaos Gate, the Chaos Line activity, and a powerful field boss called Thunderwing. Dungeons for South Vern will be added in a future update.
New Powerpass and Events
The Feiton Powerpass, which functions much like the Vern Powerpasses from Lost Ark’s launch, will also be available to anyone who finishes Feiton’s main story quest “Will.”
A new event called Express Missions will allow players to select one of their characters at combat level 50 that’s under item level 1000 to engage in missions for significant honing and progression rewards.
An update to the store brings the brand new Ark Pass, which allows players to earn rewards for free by simply playing the game, though a paid upgrade is also available. The Graceful Monkey and Noble Banquet skin collections have also been added to the store, giving players more visual variety options for their characters.
In addition to all of this new content, this patch also includes a series of general updates and bug fixes.
- Added a 25-day track of new daily log-in rewards.
- Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps. Now all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run. No more worrying about someone dropping from your group after you used your map!
- Chat tab changes will now be shared across your roster.
- Modified voice chat volume settings to stay within a medium range of volume outputs.
- Updated the server selection screen background.
- Increased available character slots from 12 to 18.
- Fixed an issue where skill tree info is not shown when viewing PvP skill info from Book Of Coordination while in a Custom Lobby.
- Improved Book of Coordination settings. Players can now set up skill presets, tripod levels, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.
- Updated text to better detail certain Welcome Challenges.
- Adjusted rewards drop location for Naruna Hot Springs.
- Added additional controller settings allowing users to tweak the pointer speed and thumbstick deadzone.
- Added a new button in Custom PvP Lobbies allowing users to view all players’ active Book of Coordination presets.
- Added an option to clear all text within the active chat tab when right-clicking.
- Added a new setting allowing players to disable the virtual keyboard while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnatural movement in the sails of the “The Great Journey” wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue that prevented push-to-talk voice while the ‘Game Menu’ or the ‘Settings Menu’ were open.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn too close to certain NPCs, making it difficult to interact with them.
- Fixed an issue that directed players to the wrong area in the “A Nose For News” quests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented text from appearing in the text-to-speech chat tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused an “Unknown Error” message to appear while traversing the Foul Hollow dungeon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the untradeable version of the Destruction Punisher Skin Set to only apply to 1 slot.
- Fixed an issue where the “Armen Stopping the Threat” cutscene was not available in the Memory Chamber.
- Fixed an issue that caused the event timer shown on the map to be offset based on the player’s time zone.
- Fixed an issue that prevented VO in several cinematics from being heard while playing as a female class.
- Fixed an issue that caused an “Unknown Error” to be displayed when attempting to equip a compass that couldn’t be equipped.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Immersed in Death” quest from being completed when reconnecting after equipping the necromancer disguise.
- Fixed an issue that caused VO lines during Abyss Dungeons to be inaudible.
- Fixed an issue that caused some text in the Book of Coordination to not display in the correct language in French, German, or Spanish.
- Fixed an issue where another character’s VO was played while Armen was speaking during the “Belated Help” quest.
- Fixed an issue causing debug text to be shown when opening more than one engraving selection chest at a time.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ‘Trusted’ players from initiating a trade with a new or non-trusted account.
- Fixed an issue that caused the total and online member count within the ‘Guild Menu’ to not display while using a non-English language.
- Fixed an issue with controllers that caused some buttons to become unresponsive after skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain tool-tips to be missing from the controller ‘Settings Menu’.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the context menu from being opened with a controller in the ‘Friends Menu’.
You can check out the full post on the official Lost Ark site here.