We have the answer for Make stout crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes. If you're still struggling, we have the Make stout crossword clue answer below.
Make stout Crossword Clue Answer is…
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Summoned, in a way Crossword Clue
- There are ten million in a joule Crossword Clue
- Market bag Crossword Clue
- Capital of the Mexican state of Jalisco Crossword Clue
- Priest, rabbi and pastor’s place, jokingly Crossword Clue
- Informal denial Crossword Clue
- Cave creatures just hanging around? Crossword Clue
- Medicaid, e.g. Crossword Clue
- “Winnie ___ Pu” (1958 Latin translation) Crossword Clue
- Chargers wide receiver Allen Crossword Clue
You can play the WSJ crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- STOUT (adjective)
- having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
- STOUT (noun)
- a garment size for a large or heavy person
- a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
- BREW (noun)
- drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling
- BREW (verb)
- prepare by brewing
- sit or let sit in boiling water so as to extract the flavor
The WSJ Crossword is a daily crossword puzzle that is published in The Wall Street Journal newspaper and on its website. The puzzle is known for its challenging difficulty level, clever wordplay, and witty themes.
The WSJ Crossword was first introduced in 2008, and has since become a popular source of entertainment and mental stimulation for crossword enthusiasts around the world. The puzzle is created by a team of experienced crossword constructors, who are known for their creativity and skill in the field of crossword puzzles.
One of the unique features of the WSJ Crossword is its emphasis on finance and business-related themes. The puzzle often includes clues and answers related to the world of economics, investing, and business news.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.