A new update has been released for NMS on September 6th, 2021! This is pretty much all bug and issue fixes for the game that have possibly cropped up in the Frontiers patch. If you’ve been having any issues with base building, this will hopefully have fixed them and now you can get constructing in peace. There’s also been a variety of loading and optimizations to the game that will speed things up! Take a look at all of the patch notes below.
No Man’s Sky 3.63 Patch Notes
- Solved an issue that caused debug-only base parts to appear in the Catalogue.
- Solved a number of snapping issues when placing fireplaces or NPC terminals to large rooms.
- While base building, the rotation option now has acceleration to allow faster turning while still retaining detailed control.
- Solved a number of problems that could cause power lines to fail to appear.
- Solved a bug that allowed players to place an unlimited number of special parts (such as Exocraft geobays) within close proximity of each other.
- Solved a rare issue that could cause severe visual glitches when pushing the building and photo mode cameras into very specific situations.
- Solved a problem that could cause players to be backed out of base building mode accidentally.
- Improved the use of the D-pad in base building controls, in order to minimise accidental presses.
- Snapping is now enabled by default when entering wiring modes.
- Solved an issue that caused T-shaped corridors to become blocked when snapped to other structures.
- Solved an issue that could prevent some pre-built large rooms from receiving power correctly.
- Solved a number of snapping and collision issues with power doors.
- Solved an issue that caused short-range teleporters to function correctly without power.
- Solved a number of snapping and collision issues with freighter rooms.
- Solved a number of UI issues with base building in VR.
- Solved a number of glitches with settlement NPC navigation.
- Solved an issue that could cause settlement NPCs to go outside during danger scenarios, such as during storms or Sentinel raids.
- Solved an issue that caused patches of foliage to be cleared in settlements before any buildings had been placed.
- Improved the loading speed of settlements.
- Introduced a significant number of optimisations for settlements.
- Solved an issue that could cause some settlements to fail to generate any decisions for their Overseer. Decisions are now expected at intervals of 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Solved an issue that could cause long grass to spawn within settlements on scorched planets.
- Added a recovery for players who lost their primary Multi-Tool after accepting a blank tool from an upgrade/purchase UI. Note: the appearance of this erroneous UI screen was fixed in Patch 3.62.
- Solved an issue that caused the Electrical Cloaking Unit to work incorrectly.
- Solved a physics issue that could cause players to get snagged while moving around the Space Anomaly.
- Solved a PlayStation 5 specific issue that could cause some trophies to fail to unlock.
- Solved a crash bug related to settlement NPC navigation.
- Solved a crash bug related to base building.
- Solved a crash bug related to noise generation.
- Solved a crash bug related to base editing.
- Solved a crash bug related to terrain generation.
Those are all of the bug fixes, changes, and various updates made in the September 6th patch for No Man’s Sky! If you’re curious about other updates for a variety of games, be sure to check out the Patch Notes section of our website.