We have the answer for One of the first words Gertie teaches E.T. crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes.
One of the first words Gertie teaches E.T. Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the WSJ Crossword on March 22, 2023. You can also find answers to past WSJ Crosswords.
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Leader of a racing crew Crossword Clue
- Strasbourg street Crossword Clue
- Org. for Cardinals and Orioles Crossword Clue
- Charge with no extras Crossword Clue
- Wedding reception hire, maybe Crossword Clue
- Injury souvenir Crossword Clue
- Workout count Crossword Clue
- Sister of Bart and Maggie Crossword Clue
- Express one’s frustration Crossword Clue
- Map feature Crossword Clue
You can play the WSJ crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- FIRST (noun)
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
- the time at which something is supposed to begin
- FIRST (adjective)
- indicating the beginning unit in a series
- serving to set in motion
- FIRST (adverb)
- prominently forward
- before anything else
- PHONE (noun)
- (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
- electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds
- PHONE (verb)
- get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.