We have the answer for Open-mouthed expression. crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes.
Open-mouthed expression. Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the CodyCross Midsize Crossword on March 29, 2023. You can also find answers to past CodyCross Midsize Crosswords.
Today's CodyCross Midsize Crossword Answers
- Sea witch villain in Disney’s The Little Mermaid. Crossword Clue
- Anne Frank, No one has ever become __ by giving. Crossword Clue
- Self-punishment undertaken to atone for sin. Crossword Clue
- Desire for one led to Boromir’s downfall Crossword Clue
- Two-faced god of Greek mythology Crossword Clue
- Currency code letters for British pounds. Crossword Clue
- An entire range or spectrum, the whole __. Crossword Clue
- Indigenous people of Pacific Northwest Crossword Clue
- Large tapering body of veg that grows underground. Crossword Clue
- Nope’s opposite. Crossword Clue
You can play the CodyCross Crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- EXPRESSION (noun)
- a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
- the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions
- GAPE (verb)
- look with amazement; look stupidly
- be wide open
- GAPE (noun)
- an expression of openmouthed astonishment
- a stare of amazement (usually with the mouth open)
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.