We have the answer for Overhyped dud of an event crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Overhyped dud of an event Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Overhyped dud of an event. This clue last appeared January 13, 2023 in the USA Today Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Overhyped dud of an event crossword clue should be:
- NOTHINGBURGER (13 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- DUD (noun)
- an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual
- an explosion that fails to occur
- DUD (adjective)
- failing to detonate; especially not charged with an active explosive
- EVENT (noun)
- a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- a special set of circumstances
Today's USA Today Crossword Answers
- Total up some numbers Crossword Clue
- Back ___ again Crossword Clue
- Colder and less friendly Crossword Clue
- ‘Sex and the ___’ Crossword Clue
- Military academy student Crossword Clue
- Feel remorseful over Crossword Clue
- Magician’s exclamation Crossword Clue
- On the open ocean Crossword Clue
- ‘___ Nate’ (comic strip) Crossword Clue
- Professionals with MD degrees Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.