We have the answer for Plunk (down) crossword clue if you need some assistance in solving the puzzle you’re working on. The combination of mental stimulation, sense of accomplishment, learning, relaxation, and social aspect can make crossword puzzles a fun and rewarding activity for many people.
Now, let's get into the answer for Plunk (down) crossword clue most recently seen in the NYT Crossword.
Plunk (down) Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on December 7, 2023. If you need help with other clues, head to our NYT Crossword December 7, 2023 Hints page. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Pet problem? NYT Crossword Clue
- “If ___ Street Could Talk” (James Baldwin novel) NYT Crossword Clue
- Dr. ___ Honeydew, Muppet partner of Beaker NYT Crossword Clue
- Alternative to a latte or flat white NYT Crossword Clue
- Subject of the classic photo “Guerrillero Heroico” NYT Crossword Clue
- Word with clean or clear NYT Crossword Clue
- Bitten sharply NYT Crossword Clue
- Wheel part NYT Crossword Clue
- Quality by which mattresses are classified NYT Crossword Clue
- Reputation ruiner NYT Crossword Clue
Clue & Answer Definitions
- PLUNK (verb)
- pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- make or move along with a sound as of a horse’s hooves striking the ground
- PLUNK (noun)
- (baseball) hitting a baseball so that it drops suddenly
- a hollow twanging sound
- PLUNK (adverb)
- with a short hollow thud
- DOWN (noun)
- English physician who first described Down’s syndrome (1828-1896)
- soft fine feathers
- DOWN (adjective)
- understood perfectly
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place
- DOWN (adverb)
- spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position
- DOWN (verb)
- eat up completely, as with great appetite
- cause to come or go down
Historical Usage in Crossword Puzzles
About the NYT Crossword
The New York Times crossword was first published in The New York Times in 1942 and has been a daily feature ever since. It is known for its high level of difficulty and for its clever, often playful, clues and themes. The puzzles range in size from 15x15 grids on weekdays to larger 21x21 grids on Sundays, with varying levels of difficulty.
The New York Times crossword is created by a team of skilled puzzle constructors and editors, who work to ensure that each puzzle is both entertaining and challenging for solvers. The puzzles are often themed, with clues and answers related to a particular subject or concept, and they frequently feature wordplay and puns.
Solving the New York Times crossword has become a beloved pastime for many, and there are even competitions and clubs devoted to crossword puzzle solving. The New York Times crossword is available in print in the newspaper and online, and it has a dedicated following of loyal solvers who eagerly await each day's puzzle.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the Plunk (down) crossword clue answer to help you fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.