We have the answer for Press releases? crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
Press releases? Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on April 19, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- All-important numbers for TV execs NYT Crossword Clue
- Discouraging words NYT Crossword Clue
- Situation of intense conflict NYT Crossword Clue
- Cry of denial NYT Crossword Clue
- Competitor’s concession NYT Crossword Clue
- Not leave unattended NYT Crossword Clue
- Coat put on when it’s cold? (“Mending Wall”) NYT Crossword Clue
- New Orleans N.B.A. team, informally NYT Crossword Clue
- Groundbreaker? NYT Crossword Clue
- Drinking vessel that may have a lid (“Sacred Emily”) NYT Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
This clue has been used by other publishers in the past, and they have had different answers when published, so the below list is a compilation of all known answers that have been used for this clue.
- INKS (4 letters)
- NEWSLEAKS (9 letters)
Clue & Answer Definitions
- PRESS (noun)
- a dense crowd of people
- the print media responsible for gathering and publishing news in the form of newspapers or magazines
- PRESS (verb)
- to be oppressive or burdensome
- make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.