We have the answer for Purpose crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes. If you're still struggling, we have the Purpose crossword clue answer below.
Purpose Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on September 10, 2023. If you need help with other clues, head to our NYT Crossword September 10, 2023 Hints page. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- N.A.A.C.P. and A.C.L.U., for two NYT Crossword Clue
- Bit of cereal NYT Crossword Clue
- “O patria ___” (Verdi aria) NYT Crossword Clue
- ___ Stadium, venue with a cushioned acrylic surface that is the largest of its type in the world NYT Crossword Clue
- Dentist’s command NYT Crossword Clue
- “And, uh, that’s what happened” NYT Crossword Clue
- Feature of some sweatpants DETOUR: Well-known musical group with a place name NYT Crossword Clue
- Lose one’s balance NYT Crossword Clue
- Amazon’s domain NYT Crossword Clue
- Photographer’s setting DETOUR: Come in handy NYT Crossword Clue
This clue has been used by other publishers in the past, and they have had different answers when published, so the below list is a compilation of all known answers that have been used for this clue.
- POINT (5 letters)
- USE (3 letters)
- END (3 letters)
- AIM (3 letters)
- INTENT (6 letters)
Clue & Answer Definitions
- POINT (verb)
- be oriented
- sail close to the wind
- POINT (noun)
- any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass
- a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
- END (noun)
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
- the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it
- END (verb)
- bring to an end or halt
- be the end of; be the last or concluding part of
The New York Times crossword was first published in The New York Times in 1942 and has been a daily feature ever since. It is known for its high level of difficulty and for its clever, often playful, clues and themes. The puzzles range in size from 15x15 grids on weekdays to larger 21x21 grids on Sundays, with varying levels of difficulty.
The New York Times crossword is created by a team of skilled puzzle constructors and editors, who work to ensure that each puzzle is both entertaining and challenging for solvers. The puzzles are often themed, with clues and answers related to a particular subject or concept, and they frequently feature wordplay and puns.
Solving the New York Times crossword has become a beloved pastime for many, and there are even competitions and clubs devoted to crossword puzzle solving. The New York Times crossword is available in print in the newspaper and online, and it has a dedicated following of loyal solvers who eagerly await each day's puzzle.
That should be all the information you need to solve for the Purpose crossword clue answer to help you fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.