A new update has been released for Rec Room, August 19th, 2021! This patch brings sushi to the game, which you can chow down on or throw at your friends! The boxes of sushi contain 9 pieces with shrimp, tuna, salmon nigiri, and some crunchy hand rolls. Tokens have been improved, when you purchase them from the store, they will immediately be added to your balance. There’s also plenty of bug fixes that will fix many issues you might have been experiencing, and a couple of changes to the beta. Check out all of the patch notes below!
Rec Room August 19th Patch Notes
Grab your closest fish eating friends and mow down a box of some premium Rec Room Sushi! Nibble on crunchy hand rolls, feast on delightful nigiri, or just chuck them at your friend’s face! Either way, it’s sushi time!
- Each box of sushi contains 9 pieces – various shrimp, tuna, and salmon nigiri, as well as 6 crunchy hand rolls.
- Each nigiri has one tasty bite.
- Each hand roll has 2 crunchy bites.
General Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Coming soon! Room currencies will be out of beta so all creators can add currencies to their rooms!
- Get your tokens faster than ever! When you buy tokens from the store, they’re added to your balance immediately instead of being sent in a gift box. Now instead of confusing players that don’t open their boxes, we’ll confuse players that are looking for their boxes!
- More rooms that were experiencing infinite load times should now load correctly. No need to be scared of the dark on certain platforms. (Though, the Forbidden One might still visit from time to time…)
- Fixed a scenario where players could attach an object to their hand without actually holding it. No more magic shows, sorry!
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes couldn’t see the stage in ^3DCharades if they already sat down before the game started.
- Charged melee attacks (on screen mode) no longer move your character when seated. Hmm, idea for the next RRO… office chair fights?!
- Fixed animation popping when creating a new avatar – that was distracting!
- Fixed font issue on signs for player-made rooms in ^Orientation. Don’t worry, we didn’t make it Comic Sans.
- Fixed an issue where rooms were sometimes displaying the wrong capacity. This should make it easier to find a room that your group will fit into!
- Circuits V2 ‘Player Subscribes to Room Owner’ chip now includes a delay of a few minutes before it will perform the subscription check.
- Circuits V2 ‘Get Player By Account Name’ chip now returns an Invalid Player if there is no player in the room with the given account or display name, rather than throwing an error. In other words, we now give you a specific error, instead of a generic error!
- Resetting and deleting cloud variables now forces a save.
- Creating a subroom no longer deletes or resets cloud variables.
As always, thanks for playing Rec Room!
Those are all of the bug fixes, changes, and updates that were made in this new patch for Rec Room! If you’re curious about other updates for a variety of games, be sure to check out the Patch Notes section of our website.