Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes the crossword clue totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank. We have all of the available answers for Sit down with a book crossword clue if you need some help!
There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you struggle on a crossword clue! These puzzles cover many different subjects, and it’s hard to be an expert on everything. You will find that as you play more of these games that you will end up familiar with a lot of the clues that come up!
Sit down with a book Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all answers that we’re aware of for Sit down with a book. This clue last appeared November 23, 2022 in the Newsday Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Sit down with a book crossword clue should be:
- READ (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any key word(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better. Find all the solutions for the puzzle on our Newsday Crossword November 23 2022 Answers guide.
Crossword Clue & Answer Definitions
- BOOK (noun)
- physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together.
- a record in which commercial accounts are recorded.
- BOOK (verb)
- arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance.
- engage for a performance.
- DOWN (noun)
- English physician who first described Down’s syndrome (1828-1896).
- soft fine feathers.
- DOWN (adjective)
- understood perfectly.
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place.
- DOWN (adverb)
- spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position.
- DOWN (verb)
- eat up completely, as with great appetite.
- cause to come or go down.
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- Aides to execs: Abbr. Crossword Clue
- Bagpiper’s skirt Crossword Clue
- Unclothed sculpture Crossword Clue
- Poems of praise Crossword Clue
- So far Crossword Clue
- Answer an invitation Crossword Clue
- ‘Old MacDonald’ line Crossword Clue
- Approximately Crossword Clue
- __ on the wrist (mild punishment) Crossword Clue
- ‘Zip-a-Dee-Doo-__’ Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to finish the crossword clue you were working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions. You can find posts with full details on our NYT Mini Crossword Answers and NYT Crossword Answers posts.