We have the answer for Toward the stern crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Toward the stern Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Toward the stern. This clue last appeared December 30, 2022 in the Universal Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Toward the stern crossword clue should be:
- AFT (3 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- STERN (adjective)
- of a stern or strict bearing or demeanor; forbidding in aspect
- severe and unremitting in making demands
- STERN (noun)
- the rear part of a ship
- United States concert violinist (born in Russia in 1920)
- AFT (adverb)
- at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane
- AFT (adjective)
- (nautical, aeronautical) situated at or toward the stern or tail
Today's Universal Crossword Answers
- MLB athlete who’s played for Cleveland and Los Angeles? Crossword Clue
- Blooming bulb Crossword Clue
- Cookie jar topper Crossword Clue
- Tours of duty Crossword Clue
- ___ a deal! Crossword Clue
- Sweltering Crossword Clue
- Gaping mouth Crossword Clue
- Wise Greek goddess Crossword Clue
- The Beehive State Crossword Clue
- High toss Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.