We have the answer for Up the ___ (increase the stakes) crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Up the ___ (increase the stakes) Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Up the ___ (increase the stakes). This clue last appeared September 22, 2022 in the Daily Themed Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Up the ___ (increase the stakes) crossword clue should be:
- ANTE (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- STAKES (noun)
- the money risked on a gamble
- INCREASE (noun)
- the amount by which something increases
- the act of increasing something
- INCREASE (verb)
- become bigger or greater in amount
- make bigger or more
Today's Daily Themed Crossword Answers
- Oscar or Golden Globe, e.g. Crossword Clue
- Leo G. ___, “Strangers on a Train” actor who worked with Alfred Hitchcock more than once Crossword Clue
- Apple laptop Crossword Clue
- ___ Fontaine, “Rebecca” actress who worked with Alfred Hitchcock more than once Crossword Clue
- Mincemeat or key lime dessert Crossword Clue
- “___ to the world, the Lord is come…” Crossword Clue
- “Westworld” star ___ Rachel Wood Crossword Clue
- ___ Raimi, “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” director Crossword Clue
- Asia’s dried-up sea Crossword Clue
- ___ Stewart, “Rear Window” actor who worked with Alfred Hitchcock more than once Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.