Wild Hearts is a hunting game with a unique twist that combines technology with the power of nature. Players can fight fearsome beasts called Kemono alone or in seamless co-op with friends. The Kemono have rampaged through a once-prosperous Azuma, wielding the power of primal nature, but hope arrives in the form of a formidable hunter armed with deadly weapons and ancient technology called Karakuri that can turn the tide of battle. The game offers a fresh take on the hunting genre.
Wild Hearts has released patch notes this morning which include improvements and adjustments such as improved CPU performance, reinforcement connections between weapon combinations, and a confirmation window for online co-op. Some of the fixes address crucial PC performance issues that have plagued the game.
PC performance matters for video gaming because it directly affects the player’s overall gaming experience. A well-optimized and high-performance PC can provide smooth gameplay, stunning visuals, and quick loading times, enhancing the player’s immersion and enjoyment. As video games continue to evolve with more complex graphics and gameplay mechanics, having a high-performing PC is essential for an optimal gaming experience.
The patch also fixed several issues including one with the karakuri staff’s mutation level, an attack issue with the karakuri katana, and a continuous movement issue with giant kemono during online co-op. Other fixes included issues with dragon karakuri, chain traps, Amaterasu, story objectives, and sound cards. Miscellaneous issues were also fixed and improved.
Wild Hearts March 27, 2023 Patch Notes:
Here are the official patch notes for Wild Hearts that were released on March 27th, 2023.
Improvements, Other Adjustments
- Improved CPU performance, particularly for AMD processors
- Added connections for reinforcement between the following combinations of weapons.
- Karakuri Katana
- Nature’s Flashblade and Blade of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Blade: Kemonobane and Wrack Blade: Rashōmon
- Nature’s Twinedge and Nodachi of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Nodachi: Kemono Carver and Wrack Nodachi: Rashōmon
- Nature’s Piercing and Bow of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Bow: Kemono Hunter and Wrack Bow: Rashōmon
- Bladed Wagasa
- Nature’s Twists and Bladed Wagasa of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Bladed Wagasa: Kemono’s End and Wrack Bladed Wagasa: Rashōmon
- Nature’s Gravity and Maul of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Maul: Kemono’s Doom and Wrack Maul: Rashōmon
- Karakuri Staff
- Nature’s Seasons and Nature’s Splendor Karakuri Staff 5
- Apex Karakuri Staff: Kemono Chaos and Agate Karakuri Staff 2
- Hand Cannon
- Nature’s Might and Cannon of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Cannon: Kemono’s Oblivion and Wrack Cannon: Rashōmon
- Claw Blade
- Nature’s Talon and Claw of Nature’s Splendor 5
- Apex Claw: Kemono’s Curse and Wrack Claw: Rashōmon
- Karakuri Katana
- Added a confirmation window at the start of online co-op that asks whether the player wants to join the session or not when the host is further along in the story than they are.
- Fixed an issue in which the mutation level of the karakuri staff could be increased beyond the limit displayed.
- [PC] Fixed an issue in which the first attack of “Unbound: Iai Sunder Slash” with karakuri katana would not hit when the FPS limit was set to 30.
- Fixed an issue where giant kemono would continuously move in a single direction during online co-op.
- Fixed an issue where dragon karakuri would disappear after moving to another hunting ground if they were hit by the maul’s “Power Smash” or by specific kemono attacks.
- Fixed an issue where chain trap would sometimes not activate when the player experienced a drop in frame rate.
- Fixed an issue where Amaterasu would stop moving when players joined as guests in the “Hunting Song – Rising Glissando” and “Hunting Encore – Auspice of Minato” quests.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes after progressing Minato requests during online co-op, the subsequent Minato request would not appear.
- Fixed an issue during online co-op where exiting a session just before death could change one’s story progression.
- Fixed an issue where the story objective “Hunt the kemono causing the fire” would occasionally not reflect the correct progress.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when loading into Minato.
- Fixed an issue where sound would not play on certain sound cards.
- Fixed an issue where small kemono spawned in greater numbers than intended.
- Fixed and improved other miscellaneous issues.