We have the answer for You might need just the "last four" of it: Abbr. crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
You might need just the “last four” of it: Abbr. Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on March 26, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Captivate NYT Crossword Clue
- Band with the 1997 hit “Semi-Charmed Life” … or a phonetic hint to this puzzle’s theme NYT Crossword Clue
- Preparing to put earrings in an ogre? NYT Crossword Clue
- Remote button NYT Crossword Clue
- Nickname for Luigi NYT Crossword Clue
- Some bathroom contractors NYT Crossword Clue
- Cover, of a sort NYT Crossword Clue
- Pope writings NYT Crossword Clue
- Prize in a chowder cook-off? NYT Crossword Clue
- Lacquer, e.g. NYT Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- MIGHT (noun)
- physical strength
- NEED (verb)
- have need of
- require as useful, just, or proper
- NEED (noun)
- anything that is necessary but lacking
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.