We have the answer for Basketball term for when the ball is caught after a missed shot: crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones. If you're still struggling, we have the Basketball term for when the ball is caught after a missed shot: crossword clue answer below.
Basketball term for when the ball is caught after a missed shot: Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Word Craze Crossword on June 5, 2023. You can also find answers to past Word Craze Crosswords.
Today's Word Craze Crossword Answers
- Magnetic navigation device which was invented in China in 206 B.C.: Crossword Clue
- Johannes Vermeer painted the famous “Girl with a Pearl _______”: Crossword Clue
- Sir Bradley _______ is coined the “most decorated British Olympian” with 8 Olympic medals: Crossword Clue
- Cows emit a massive amount of this colorless, odorless chemical: Crossword Clue
- Soapy product to wash hair with: Crossword Clue
- Dirty clothes that need to be washed: Crossword Clue
- DNA and RNA are carriers of _______ information: Crossword Clue
- Public green space for owners and their canine friends to roam: Crossword Clue
Clue & Answer Definitions
- MISSED (adjective)
- not caught with the senses or the mind
- BASKETBALL (noun)
- a game played on a court by two opposing teams of 5 players; points are scored by throwing the ball through an elevated horizontal hoop
- an inflated ball used in playing basketball
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.