We have the answer for First prime minister of India crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
First prime minister of India Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for First prime minister of India. This clue last appeared January 1, 1970 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the First prime minister of India crossword clue should be:
- NEHRU (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- NEHRU (noun)
- Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule; was the first prime minister of the Republic of India from 1947 to 1964 (1889-1964)
- MINISTER (noun)
- a person authorized to conduct religious worship
- a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
- MINISTER (verb)
- attend to the wants and needs of others
- work as a minister
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Rap’s Megan ___ Stallion NYT Crossword Clue
- Very small bit Crossword Clue
- Home for a supercomputer array Crossword Clue
- Fitting spot for an AirPod Crossword Clue
- Far from well-done Crossword Clue
- They teach sophs Crossword Clue
- Magazine contents Crossword Clue
- Alpaca’s cousin Crossword Clue
- Some fruit pastries Crossword Clue
- Gives a tat Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.