We have the answer for Slow down folks! crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
Slow down folks! Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Universal Crossword on April 2, 2023. You can also find answers to past Universal Crosswords.
Today's Universal Crossword Answers
- Shoulder muscle, for short Crossword Clue
- More crafty Crossword Clue
- Shy Crossword Clue
- Jessica in Sin City Crossword Clue
- “The show ___ go on” Crossword Clue
- Cover worn while cracking claws Crossword Clue
- Robust beer Crossword Clue
- ___ Island Red Crossword Clue
- Some degrees from MIT Sloan Crossword Clue
- Physicist who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize Crossword Clue
You can play the Universal Crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- FOLKS (noun)
- people in general (often used in the plural)
- your parents
- SLOW (verb)
- cause to proceed more slowly
- become slow or slower
- SLOW (adverb)
- of timepieces
- without speed (`slow’ is sometimes used informally for `slowly’)
- SLOW (adjective)
- so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.