Pokemon Go will have you facing off against difficult raid Pokemon throughout your journey outdoors. If one of these is Tapu Bulu, you are going to need to have a strong team by your side, because they can be a difficult fight if you don’t have the right setup available. If you are getting ready for a battle with Tapu Bulu, we’ll walk you through the best counters and all of its weaknesses in this guide!
Be sure to head to our Pokemon Type Chart post to find all of the weaknesses to every type of Pokemon!
Tapu Bulu Weaknesses
Tapu Bulu is a Grass and Fairy-type Pokemon, which means Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison, and Steel-type moves. You will want to bring a team full of Pokemon who can utilize those move types to take down Tapu Bulu quickly! Poison in particular is Super Effective against it.
If you are running out of Pokemon to throw at Tapu Bulu, you will just want to make sure to avoid bringing any Pokemon that have Dragon, Dark, Electric, Fighting, Grass, Ground, and Water-type moves. Tapu Bulu is resistant to all of them, it is particularly strong against Dragon.
Best Tapu Bulu Counters
The best counters for Tapu Bulu in Pokemon Go are the following Pokemon: Roserade, Toxicroak, Gengar, Victreebel, Scolipede, Vileplume, Salazzle, Galarian Slowbro, and Skuntank. If you have shadow or mega versions of the ones on these list, they are generally going to be the best option.
Here’s an extended list of the Pokemon you can use with the best moves that they have available to them for the fight. You don’t have to have the exact moveset, but make sure you have the right type of moves to take advantage of Tapu Bulu’ weaknesses.
Tapu Bulu Counters & Moves List
- Roserade – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Gengar – Hex/Sludge Bomb
- Victreebel – Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Scolipede – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Vileplume – Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Salazzle – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Skuntank – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Muk – Poison Jab/Gunk Shot
- Weezing – Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Metagross – Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Beedrill – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Garbodor – Acid/Sludge Bomb
Mega/Shadow/Legendary Counters & Moves List
- Shadow Ho-Oh – Hidden Power/Brave Bird
- Shadow Moltres – Fire Spin/Sky attack
- Shadow Drapion – Poison Sting/Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Crobat – Air Slash/Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Entei – Fire Fang/Overheat
- Reshiram – Fire Fang/Overheat
If you run out of the best counters on the list then running pretty much any high level Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison, and Steel-type Pokemon should get the job done. You don’t always have to have the ideal Pokemon to win the battle!
Those are all of the weaknesses and best counters for Tapu Bulu in Pokemon Go. We have more detailed guides for you to checkout in the Pokemon Go section of our website.