We have the answer for “The first step in the progress of a man or a nation,” per Oscar Wilde crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
“The first step in the progress of a man or a nation,” per Oscar Wilde Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for “The first step in the progress of a man or a nation,” per Oscar Wilde. This clue last appeared February 3, 2023 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the “The first step in the progress of a man or a nation,” per Oscar Wilde crossword clue should be:
- DISCONTENT (10 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better. Find all the solutions for the puzzle on our WSJ Crossword February 3 2023 Answers guide.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- DISCONTENT (noun)
- a longing for something better than the present situation
- DISCONTENT (adjective)
- showing or experiencing dissatisfaction or restless longing
- DISCONTENT (verb)
- make dissatisfied
- PROGRESS (verb)
- move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
- form or accumulate steadily
- PROGRESS (noun)
- a movement forward
- gradual improvement or growth or development
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Oreo middle Crossword Clue
- Popular Persian poet Crossword Clue
- Door feature Crossword Clue
- Cap’n’s underling Crossword Clue
- Chichen Itza builders Crossword Clue
- “U R hilarious!” Crossword Clue
- Sharp as ___ Crossword Clue
- Victoria’s Secret buy Crossword Clue
- Hitches Crossword Clue
- Mme. Bovary Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.