We have the answer for Usher crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
Usher Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on March 26, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- March 14 dessert, appropriately NYT Crossword Clue
- Harbor boat NYT Crossword Clue
- Prize in a chowder cook-off? NYT Crossword Clue
- Certain footholds NYT Crossword Clue
- Cartoon character who said “Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them” NYT Crossword Clue
- Something made in a press NYT Crossword Clue
- Salmon, e.g. Crossword Clue
- You might need just the “last four” of it: Abbr. NYT Crossword Clue
- Gen Zer who might be into faux freckles and anime NYT Crossword Clue
- Shopping for some cereal? NYT Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- ESCORT (noun)
- a participant in a date
- someone who escorts and protects a prominent person
- ESCORT (verb)
- accompany or escort
- accompany as an escort
- USHER (noun)
- someone employed to conduct others
- an official stationed at the entrance of a courtroom or legislative chamber
- USHER (verb)
- take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.