Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes the crossword clue totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank. We have all of the available answers for Word in the etymology of ‘checkmate’ crossword clue if you need some help!
There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you struggle on a crossword clue! These puzzles cover many different subjects, and it’s hard to be an expert on everything. You will find that as you play more of these games that you will end up familiar with a lot of the clues that come up!
Word in the etymology of ‘checkmate’ Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all answers that we’re aware of for Word in the etymology of ‘checkmate’. This clue last appeared August 6, 2022 in the Newsday Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Word in the etymology of ‘checkmate’ crossword clue should be:
- SHAH (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any key word(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Crossword Clue & Answer Definitions
- SHAH (noun)
- title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
- ETYMOLOGY (noun)
- a history of a word.
- the study of the sources and development of words.
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- B&B facilities Crossword Clue
- What Germans call ‘Weissburgunder’ Crossword Clue
- Sports section staples Crossword Clue
- Baker of artisanal breads Crossword Clue
- Paper recycling machinery Crossword Clue
- Pester Crossword Clue
- Weather-related anagram of STORM + GALE Crossword Clue
- Annual theater company grant Crossword Clue
- Boston-born literary lion Crossword Clue
- One concerned with your points of view Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to finish the crossword clue you were working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions. You can find posts with full details on our NYT Mini Crossword Answers and NYT Crossword Answers posts.