We have the answer for Consternate crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Consternate Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Consternate. This clue last appeared May 26, 2022 in the Newsday Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Consternate crossword clue should be:
- ALARM (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- CONSTERNATE (verb)
- fill with anxiety, dread, dismay, or confusion
- ALARM (noun)
- fear resulting from the awareness of danger
- a clock that wakes a sleeper at some preset time
- ALARM (verb)
- warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness
- fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- Rural moms Crossword Clue
- Blackbird relative Crossword Clue
- Place for a hoop Crossword Clue
- Cream or apricot Crossword Clue
- Small, aggressive dog Crossword Clue
- One not taking no for an answer Crossword Clue
- Fearsome employer Crossword Clue
- Mentally flexible Crossword Clue
- Radiant circle Crossword Clue
- Bookcase material Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.