We have the answer for Dark timber crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Dark timber Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Dark timber. This clue last appeared January 10, 2023 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Dark timber crossword clue should be:
- EBONY (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- EBONY (noun)
- a very dark black
- tropical tree of southern Asia having hard dark-colored heartwood used in cabinetwork
- EBONY (adjective)
- of a very dark black
- DARK (noun)
- the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- absence of light or illumination
- DARK (adjective)
- stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable
- causing dejection
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Starting to grill a wiener? Crossword Clue
- Jazz diva Jones Crossword Clue
- Party spreads Crossword Clue
- Villain’s vanquisher Crossword Clue
- ___ meridiem Crossword Clue
- It’s between the Lounge and Study on a Clue board Crossword Clue
- Workforce units Crossword Clue
- Sticks together? Crossword Clue
- Potpie tidbits Crossword Clue
- Fourth person Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.