We have the answer for Dickens’s scheming clerk crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Dickens’s scheming clerk Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Dickens’s scheming clerk. This clue last appeared December 23, 2022 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Dickens’s scheming clerk crossword clue should be:
- HEEP (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- DICKENS (noun)
- a word used in exclamations of confusion
- English writer whose novels depicted and criticized social injustice (1812-1870)
- SCHEMING (adjective)
- acting with a specific goal
- concealing crafty designs for advancing your own interest
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Hopelessly confused Crossword Clue
- It has wings and flies Crossword Clue
- More hesitant Crossword Clue
- Queen, in Cuernavaca Crossword Clue
- Go deep, in a way Crossword Clue
- Tennis’s “King of Clay,” familiarly Crossword Clue
- Smidgens Crossword Clue
- “Strait Is the Gate” author André Crossword Clue
- Final figure Crossword Clue
- Lord or lady, e.g. Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.