We have the answer for Poet Elizabeth Bishop’s alma mater crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Poet Elizabeth Bishop’s alma mater Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Poet Elizabeth Bishop’s alma mater. This clue last appeared November 23, 2022 in the NYT Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Poet Elizabeth Bishop’s alma mater crossword clue should be:
- VASSAR (6 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- BISHOP (noun)
- a senior member of the Christian clergy having spiritual and administrative authority; appointed in Christian churches to oversee priests or ministers; considered in some churches to be successors of the twelve Apostles of Christ
- (chess) a piece that can be moved diagonally over unoccupied squares of the same color
- MATER (noun)
- an informal use of the Latin word for mother; sometimes used by British schoolboys or used facetiously
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Expressed agitation, as a llama NYT Crossword Clue
- *Red and yellow circles NYT Crossword Clue
- “As a matter of fact, that’s right” NYT Crossword Clue
- In-flight announcement, for short NYT Crossword Clue
- Parent company of Facebook NYT Crossword Clue
- Gesture of greeting or gratitude NYT Crossword Clue
- Gemstone that can come from petrified wood NYT Crossword Clue
- *Red, yellow, green, blue and black circles NYT Crossword Clue
- Abbr. preceded by a comma NYT Crossword Clue
- Low voice Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.