We have the answer for Puts a lid on crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Puts a lid on Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Puts a lid on. This clue last appeared October 19, 2022 in the NYT Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Puts a lid on crossword clue should be:
- CAPS (4 letters)
- SHUTS (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- LID (noun)
- headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim
- either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Sailor’s greeting Crossword Clue
- Set up for a swing NYT Crossword Clue
- Strong and energetic NYT Crossword Clue
- ‘We __ please!’ Crossword Clue
- Before opening? NYT Crossword Clue
- Europe’s third-longest river NYT Crossword Clue
- Lie about NYT Crossword Clue
- How things have always been done NYT Crossword Clue
- Loosening, as a joint NYT Crossword Clue
- Sealed the deal NYT Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.