We have the answer for School assignment crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
School assignment Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the WSJ Crossword on March 31, 2023. You can also find answers to past WSJ Crosswords.
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Sounds in “The Raven” Crossword Clue
- Loomed over Crossword Clue
- Profound gulf Crossword Clue
- Bud 4 life Crossword Clue
- It’s due for a change Crossword Clue
- Acquired relative Crossword Clue
- Mar Crossword Clue
- Problem roomies Crossword Clue
- Swift writing Crossword Clue
- Top choice? Crossword Clue
You can play the WSJ crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- ASSIGNMENT (noun)
- a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces)
- the act of distributing something to designated places or persons
- ESSAY (verb)
- make an effort or attempt
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- ESSAY (noun)
- an analytic or interpretive literary composition
- a tentative attempt
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.