We have the answer for Tough puzzle crossword clue if you need help figuring out the solution! Crossword puzzles provide a fun and engaging way to keep your brain active and healthy, while also helping you develop important skills and improving your overall well-being.
In our experience, it is best to start with the easy clues. You know, the ones you're pretty sure about or can make an educated guess on. This'll help you get some momentum going and feel like you're making progress. Then you can try to take a look at the longer clues and answers. These usually provide more context and give you a better idea of what the puzzle's all about. And once you've got a few letters in place, they can be easier to fill in.
If you're still feeling stuck, try jumping around the puzzle instead of going in order. Sometimes, switching things up can help you come up with fresh ideas for solving clues. And if all else fails, don't be afraid to bust out a thesaurus or crossword dictionary. They can help you find alternative words or phrases that might jog your memory or spark some inspiration. Still at a loss? We have the answer for you so you can move onto the next clue in the grid!
Tough puzzle Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Newsday Crossword on March 23, 2023. You can also find answers to past Newsday Crosswords.
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- Auto grille protector Crossword Clue
- British poet Hughes Crossword Clue
- Ostensibly be Crossword Clue
- Direct yourself Crossword Clue
- Toast too much Crossword Clue
- Board, as a tram Crossword Clue
- Setting for a NY Subway Series Crossword Clue
- Take a siesta Crossword Clue
- Shake Crossword Clue
- Mary follower Crossword Clue
You can play the Newsday crossword online.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- TOUGH (adjective)
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
- very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution
- TOUGH (noun)
- someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing
- an aggressive and violent young criminal
- PUZZLE (verb)
- be a mystery or bewildering to
- be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide
- PUZZLE (noun)
- a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution
- a game that tests your ingenuity
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.