We have the answer for Tree that makes catkins crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Tree that makes catkins Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Tree that makes catkins. This clue last appeared February 1, 2023 in the NYT Mini Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Tree that makes catkins crossword clue should be:
- ALDER (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- ALDER (noun)
- north temperate shrubs or trees having toothed leaves and conelike fruit; bark is used in tanning and dyeing and the wood is rot-resistant
- wood of any of various alder trees; resistant to underwater rot; used for bridges etc
- TREE (verb)
- stretch (a shoe) on a shoetree
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- TREE (noun)
- English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917)
- a figure that branches from a single root
Today's NYT Mini Crossword Answers
- Someone you’d be unlikely to have a beef with? NYT Crossword Clue
- Emotionally clingy NYT Crossword Clue
- Either blank in “___, ___, again” NYT Crossword Clue
- Forced banishment NYT Crossword Clue
- Black playing card NYT Crossword Clue
- Word after Green, gentle or gas NYT Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.